The third article on liposuction episodes answers the questions of our followers in this article about the inquiries about the difference between Vaser liposuction, laser lipo, and traditional liposuction.
What are the differences and benefits between laser lipo, vaser liposuction, and regular lipo?
First: Vaser liposuction:
- A procedure that uses ultrasound energy to get rid of fat cells from certain parts of the body.
- Vaser liposuction uses an emulsification process to help remove fat cells from the body and indicates that the fat cells are ‘liquified’ before they are removed from the body which does not cause significant damage to the surrounding tissues.
- Vaser liposuction with an experienced liposuction expert like Dr. Ali Jaber can be a treatment that may improve your fitness and appearance by eliminating areas of fat that are difficult to lose with exercise and diet.
- Vaser liposuction leads to visible results and at the same time, minimally invasive surgery is performed. Minimally invasive means that the procedure ends through small incisions rather than large cuts. This indicates that there will be minimal scarring as well as greatly reducing the risks of surgery.
Vaser liposuction uses ultrasound energy to liquefy and remove fat cells from the body.
First, the area to be treated (such as your abdomen) is swarmed with an isotonic solution that acts as a numbing agent around the area. This solution also expands the fat cells within the target area; Think of fat cells as balloons that expand by adding water (saline) to them.
The expansion of fat cells does two things:
- Allows fat cells to be removed easily.
- The surrounding tissue within the target area does not appear to have been significantly damaged. For example, the blood vessels within the target area constrict due to the saline solution, which reduces bruising and blood loss.
- Next, pass under the skin a small ultrasound probe. This probe uses suction to get rid of the expanding fat cells. Only fat cells are removed during this step, which is one of the benefits of Vaser liposuction.After removing the fat from the targeted area, the process ends and the patient also enters the recovery period that your doctor will suggest.
Second: laser lipo
- Laser lipo uses thermal energy from a fiber-optic laser to burn and melt fat cells. Then the fat is suctioned from the body as soon as it melts.
- Modern laser lipo is also a minimally invasive procedure. However, laser lipo is not as efficient at separating fat cells because the heat delivered is only at the top of the probe, while the heat from vaser liposuction is delivered from the tip and side of the probe.
- The laser liposuction probe emits energy only at the tip of the probe, resulting in a high level of warmth. Since the laser targets only one point, this is the next risk of burns, and the surrounding vital tissues can also be burned and later injured by intense heat.
Third: traditional liposuction
1- Traditional liposuction uses general anesthesia
- Thanks to its invasive nature, traditional liposuction requires the use of sedation or intravenous sedation to put the patient into an unconscious “sleep” state during surgery.
- Because anesthesia must be done by a licensed anesthesiologist, traditional liposuction procedures are usually performed in hospitals or surgical centers.
2- Traditional liposuction may be a very surgical treatment and thus the fat cells are scraped off
- During traditional liposuction, several large incisions (about 1/2 inch) are made around the treatment area.
- These incisions are made to accommodate large instruments called cannulas that the surgeon will use to disrupt the subcutaneous fat cells.
- Once the cannula is inserted under the skin, the surgeon uses a continuous pricking motion to scrape and disrupt the fat cells.
- The cannula is also connected to a suction device that sucks the exfoliated fat from the body.
- As a tool for scraping fat from the skin, it is common for patients to be left with a wavy appearance after the procedure.
3- The recovery period and recovery by traditional liposuction
- Depending on the amount of fat removed, the patient may have to stay in the hospital or rest in bed for several days after the procedure.
- Patients suffer from severe bruising and swelling after undergoing traditional liposuction.
- The pain and discomfort can last for several weeks and patients are required to wear a compression garment for 6-8 weeks.
Will laser lipo help me? I have a hanging pouch after tummy tuck
Tummy tuck surgery is great for having a flat stomach and works by removing excess fat and skin and restoring weak thigh muscles, but many of us find that reconstructive surgery alone is sufficient to achieve our body goals. However, there are some cases where liposuction can also be appropriate after plastic surgery.
First: Liposuction to sculpt the upper part of the abdomen
Liposuction is commonly used on areas such as the hips, flanks, and pubic areas during a body lift procedure to give a slim and toned appearance. However, upper abdominal liposuction during surgery is a less common amount due to concerns about possible recovery complications.
As a result, some patients still experience fullness in the upper abdomen after surgery. This area of concern can be addressed with liposuction three to six months after the tummy tuck procedure, and Dr. Ali Jaber will discuss this consideration with you while developing your surgical plan.
Second: laser lipo after weight gain after surgery
Some reconstructive surgery patients experience weight gain after surgery and notice an increase in belly fat as a result. Fat tends to appear inside the upper part of the abdomen while the lower part of the abdomen remains relatively flat. When such a situation occurs, it is often possible to get used to laser lipo to remove the fat and restore an optimal appearance.
You can avoid the necessity of secondary laser lipo by maintaining your weight. A healthy lifestyle with a focus on proper diet and exercise will make it easier for you.
After this explanation, we hope that we have helped in getting to know Vaser liposuction and laser lipo, and answer all your inquiries with Dr. Ali Gaber, the best plastic surgeon in Egypt