Aging, pregnancy, weight loss, and other factors can all contribute to the way our bodies look, and getting the body of your dreams can be a process that requires a great deal of work, and is often very frustrating when you are not making any progress, but what does one do when diet and exercise are not working? sports anymore? So, they turn to body contouring procedures like CoolSculpting or more invasive surgical options like liposuction to reshape, rejuvenate, and tighten problem areas, so they look aesthetically better, and Dr. Ali Jaber understands that help in general is important to achieving the ideal appearance goals.
How long will the body contouring method take?
First: the duration of the body contouring procedure
- The first part of the process is for you to attend treatment appointments.
- Your time for these appointments varies depending on the target area being treated.
- Larger areas with a lot of action have longer deadlines, while smaller areas or areas with minor considerations have shorter deadlines.
- Treatment schedules also vary by time and depending on the method of treatment used, which indicates that surgical treatments can usually take longer.
- For non-surgical treatments, patients can expect to spend between 30-60 minutes per appointment.
- For surgical procedures, patients can expect to spend between two and four hours in the procedure.
Second: preliminary results
- Initial results are the results that become evident in the recovery phase.
- Whether the treatment is surgical or non-surgical, initial results become visible within six weeks, meaning that you can simply start to notice improvements in your overall appearance after 1-2 months of treatment.
Third: the final results
- Your final results are the best outcome of your treatment.
- Once you are fully recovered, your end results are a sleeker body shape, or once you resume all your traditional daily activities.
- The final results are usually visible within 3 to 6 months of treatment or when you have fully recovered from the treatment.
- However, the final results depend on whether or not you have undergone surgical or non-surgical treatment.
How long does body contouring last?
- The results of each treatment, whether surgical or non-surgical, will last for a very long time: up to ten years or more.
- body contouring is a permanent treatment.
- Maintaining a stable weight, exercising, and maintaining a healthy diet are effective ways to get long-term results.
- Living a healthy life with good lifestyle choices will allow the results of body contouring to last a lifetime.
What is body contouring?
- This term is associated with any surgical or non-surgical treatment that alters the shape or texture of the body.
- body contouring does many things, such as slimming the figure or transferring fat to other areas of the body. In general, the body contouring procedure differs from its main definition, as some surgeons think of breast augmentation as a type of sculpting treatment.
- Ultimately, body contouring is any form of treatment that changes the current appearance of your body.
What does body contouring treat?
body contouring treatments will address the patient’s figure or any appearance-related issue. In fact, facial contouring treatments are among the most popular cosmetic treatments patients can get. However, the most common corrections made by body contouring procedures are skin tightening and unwanted body fat reduction.
- Skin tightening treatments are what people do to treat sagging skin.
- Sagging skin refers to the thinning of the skin that occurs once the elasticity of the skin is weakened and the skin cannot return to its traditional shape.
- Skin elasticity is often measured with a rubber band because it has a natural elasticity that enables it to stretch and contract back.
- Sagging skin is associated with aging and weight loss.
- Aging causes the skin to sag once the body has depleted its collagen, while weight loss causes the skin to sag as the skin is stretched too far to return to its original firmness.
- Body contouring treatments will offer surgical skin tightening or non-surgical energy-based treatments that stimulate collagen production within the skin.
- Fat reduction treatments go along with any intervention that removes or reduces the amount of unwanted fat in the body.
- Fat reduction treatments usually treat stubborn fat cells that are difficult to get rid of with regular diet and exercise methods.
- For a small number of patients, unwanted body fat is caused by a genetic predisposition to store more fat as well as weight gain, secretion changes associated with life changes or menopause, pregnancy, and even medications.
- Fat reduction treatments are often surgical or non-surgical.
- The most common surgical treatment for fat reduction is liposuction, which removes fat from the body using suction.
- Non-surgical therapies to reduce body fat include energy-based therapies or injections. Most energy-based lipid-lowering treatments are designed to tighten the skin at the same time.
What are some common procedures for body contouring?
Although liposuction is the most popular procedure for body contouring, it is essential to understand that there are many liposuction methods, a number of which are combined with lift procedures. Actions we tend to focus on include:
- A tummy tuck may be a surgical procedure that removes unwanted fat from the abdomen and tightens the remaining tissue. A tummy tuck is also popular once you have lost weight or become pregnant to bring your body back into an ideal shape.
- A breast lift tightens the breast tissue to lift the breasts into an ideal shape. Breast lift is generally combined with other breast procedures, such as breast reduction, breast augmentation, or areola correction.
Arm or thigh lift
- Both arm and thigh lifts aim to remove unwanted fat through liposuction. These procedures slim the body shape.