Liposuction is one of the most popular cosmetic operations, especially liposuction of the abdomen and buttocks, where the stubborn and accumulated fats that do not respond to diet or exercise are concentrated, so we will try to answer in detail, in a scientific and medical way, all the questions asked by those who wish to undergo liposuction.. and this is our first article
Should I get a lipo 360 or a tummy tuck?
First: tummy tuck:
It is a surgical procedure in which excess skin and fat are removed from the abdomen through an incision above the pubic area. In addition to removing fat and sagging skin, a tummy tuck usually involves tightening the abdominal muscles to reveal a more defined appearance.
Finally, the skin and remaining fat over the abdomen will be repositioned and a replacement piercing for the navel will be created. It’s important to keep in mind that the reconstructive surgery procedure leaves permanent scars near the pubic area that can be easily hidden with underwear.
Although it is not a substitute for weight loss, plastic surgery is also done if you have excess fat or skin as a result of:
- Significant weight loss.
- After pregnancy.
- Abdominal surgery such as cesarean section.
- old age.
- Natural body changes.
Commonly referred to as “lipo” it is a cosmetic procedure where the surgeon liposuctions from specific areas of the body (such as the arms, hips, thighs, abdomen, and buttocks), and with the fat removed, lipo helps to obtain the slimmest appearance within the areas where the procedure was performed.
Liposuction is less invasive than plastic surgery, requiring only a tiny incision inside the treated area. Therefore, lipo scarring is usually less noticeable than reconstructive surgery.
Although lipo is not considered a substitute for weight loss, it is often a suitable option for losing fat in areas that have not been seen.
As for diet and exercise, lipo is usually performed in the following areas:
- The arms.
- chest and back
- Hips and thighs.
- Chin and neck.
The difference between a tummy tuck and Lipo360
While researching and comparing the difference between cosmetic surgery and liposuction, keep these points in mind:
- Lipo removes subcutaneous fatty tissue but does not remove excess skin lead.
- Reconstructive surgery to remove excess fat and skin and restore residual skin.
- Lipo may be a less invasive procedure than plastic surgery.
- The best method for liposuction is to get rid of small deposits of fat, while reconstructive surgery removes larger portions of fat and skin.
- Abdominoplasty is best suited for healthy individuals who suffer from abdominal fat that does not diminish with diet and exercise.
- A tummy tuck is rarely performed in the abdominal area, while lipo is usually done to remove fat from the limbs, buttocks, chin, and more.
What is the simplest option for me: tummy tuck or liposuction?
If you have loose skin on your stomach, plastic surgery is more likely to realize the results you are trying to find because it removes excess fat and skin. On the other hand, liposuction may be the most effective option for you if you have some pockets of fat around your waist or under your arms that you just want to get rid of.
Do you need lipo with a tummy tuck?
No, liposuction is not required for a tummy tuck. However, liposuction may be done with the tummy tuck procedure given the individual’s specific outcomes and safety.
While adding lipo to a tummy tuck is optional, doing so may lead to better results and a more visible recovery. The potential benefits of reconstructive surgery include:
- A single surgery can target exercise-resistant fat and treat excess skin.
- A surgical surgeon may also be able to eliminate the need for drains after surgery by using a multi-layer suture technique.
- You will increase your body sculpting results by incorporating both methods.
Which procedure would be recommended for outer thigh laxity?
Thigh lift surgery helps improve the appearance of the thighs by eliminating loose skin and improving overall skin elasticity in the thigh area. By removing excess skin and lifting sagging skin, patients can once again enjoy better skin tone and lines in their thighs.
This procedure is ideally suited for anyone with sagging skin on the front, inner or outer thighs, especially those who have recently lost a significant amount of weight.
Thigh lift surgery generally takes about two hours and is performed under general anesthesia or intravenous sedation depending on your unique needs.
Dr. Ali will design your thigh lift surgery in line with your individual goals and requirements, so the duration of your procedure, moreover because the location of the incisions, will vary from patient to patient. There are usually two areas of the thighs that a thigh lift operation can treat:
1- Inner (medial) thigh lift:
To tighten the inner thigh, Dr. Ali makes an incision along the thigh or bikini area and removes excess skin and fat along the inner thigh. The field from the thigh to the knee is reshaped and raised, then the same technique is repeated on the opposite thigh, and also the incisions are closed.
2- External (lateral) thigh lift:
During an external thigh lift, the outer thigh and buttocks are often treated. This procedure may include wider incisions extending from the bikini line and around the liver to remove more excess tissue and skin, but they will be placed strategically to hide well in most clothing and swimwear, so the outer thigh and buttocks will be tighter and lifted.
Benefits of thigh lift surgery
- A thigh lift can significantly improve the loss of loose skin within the anterior, inner or outer thigh area.
- After the thigh lift procedure, you will find tighter and tighter skin with minimal sagging, and you will be able to fully enjoy your attractive results with carefully placed incisions and scars in hidden areas.
- You can also enjoy superior and long-term results after a thigh lift compared to other thigh procedures that only affect the skin level without eliminating excess skin.
We are happy to answer the questions our followers sent and wish you more health and beauty. Follow the rest of the answers episodes about liposuction.