nose threads are the latest alternatives to surgical rhinoplasty, and it is one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries due to the amazing results it achieves in treating nasal problems and deformities.
Here is the most important essential information in detail about nose threads, starting with its definition and method of performing it, passing through the results and its duration, in addition to the advantages and disadvantages of the operation, and then we get to know the average price of the operation in Egypt and some other countries.
What are nasal threads?
Nasal sutures are modern sutures made of absorbable polymers such as polydioxanone. They are surgical sutures that dissolve within a period ranging between 4 to 8 months, depending on the thickness of the suture. One of their most important features is that they are thin and safe sutures on the skin that do not cause any irritation or allergy, so they are The ideal alternative to surgical rhinoplasty, it is inserted into the nose using a cannula after anesthesia of the patient, which is located at the tip of the nose or inside the cavity.
This type of rhinoplasty has spread for five reasons:
- A non-surgical procedure.
- Relatively painless.
- Long lasting results.
- Faster recovery period.
read also: Newest liposuction devices |Dr. Ali Gaber
Suitable people for nose threads
The beauty of the face is completed by the appropriate proportional shape of the nose, and therefore many people are disturbed about the inconsistency of their nose with their face, so they want to make it more harmonious with the face, and for this reason we explain the most important people who can perform the operation, and they are:
- Having good health and not suffering from serious diseases that hinder the process, and this is recognized through conducting the tests specified by the doctor.
- Over the age of eighteen years until the formation of the nose is completed and the problem that the person suffers from becomes clear, but the majority of those who resort to the operation are over the age of thirty.
- People who have had errors or problems as a result of previous plastic surgeries can perform rhinoplasty with threads to correct these defects.
- The operation is not performed for smokers or alcoholics before stopping it for a period of no less than two weeks.
Nose lift with threads
There is more than one method for rhinoplasty, but the process of rhinoplasty with threads achieved the best treatment result without the need for surgery. It is an easy and simple option and is done in an uncomplicated way that we will learn about in detail.
Nose lift with threads does not require any complicated procedures to prepare for the operation, just a few simple instructions:
- Take the tests that your doctor prescribed for you (comprehensive blood test, fluidity test).
- Stop taking liquid drugs before the operation.
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol at least two weeks before the operation.
- Avoid taking vitamin E supplements one month before the operation.
The first step to the operation is local anesthesia, where the patient is anesthetized with the appropriate local anesthetic.
The doctor inserts the thread under the skin to a depth of about three to five millimeters using a fine needle made for this purpose.
After all the sutures are inserted, the doctor presses with his hand lightly on the tissues to reshape them and obtain the desired shape.
The procedure takes a period of time ranging from 30 to 45 minutes.
Recovery time after the surgery
After the nose is tightened with threads, the patient does not need a long recovery period only from one to two weeks, during this period the patient experiences some symptoms that quickly disappear with time, among those symptoms are swelling, redness, and some light bruises and with the passage of time these symptoms disappear in order to start Final results to emerge.
Nasal threads results
After the operation is completed, the patient notices the initial results of the operation, but these are not the final or permanent results, as the patient suffers from some swelling and redness, and as soon as these symptoms disappear, the final results will begin to appear.
The final result of rhinoplasty is to improve the general appearance of the nose and make it more consistent with the shape of the face. It is worth noting that the use of nasal threads stimulates the body to produce a lot of supportive cells and improves the results of the process, which is completely stabilized within three months.
Nasal threads damage
Although the use of nasal threads is considered the latest rhinoplasty methods, there is even a slight possibility of complications or risks for the patient after the operation, which we must mention, among those damages:
- The person suffers from bruises, swelling of the skin, a feeling of pain and tightness.
- Bleeding risks.
- infection risks.
- Numbness at the site of the operation (it may be a temporary symptom).
- Short-term concavity or wrinkling of the skin.
- The shape of the nose does not match the shape of the face.
- Rare cases of nerve damage.
The occurrence of any of these possibilities requires the intervention of the doctor immediately, and indeed the case will be followed up on a large scale until full recovery, and these symptoms are often rare due to the doctors’ reliance on the latest types of threads that are gentle and safe on the skin in addition to the use of modern techniques in the introduction of these Threads to the nose.
Nose threads before and after
Before performing the nose threads, we find that the cases are not completely satisfied with the shape of their nose, so they resorted to the operation, but the people’s view of themselves changes after the operation after seeing its results and how they achieved the ideal shape they dream of and got rid of the shape of the nose that bothers them.
Nose swelling after Threads
Swelling of the nose after threading is one of the most common symptoms and there is no need to worry about it.
It is a natural reaction of the body as a result of putting the threads in addition to some minor bruises. Within a few days, this swelling will go away and the recovery will be quick, only you need to rest for a few days.