Breast augmentation surgery is the appropriate medical solution to the problems of small breasts, Some women suffer from the problem of small breast size, due to health reasons that can be treated according to analyzes and medical examinations., and it is done with more than one surgery, either through fat injections or silicone breast implants.
What is breast augmentation?
Breast augmentation or breast augmentation: It is a procedure to reshape the breast with implants to increase its size by inserting breast implants as a way to increase its size, and there is another way another way is to transfer autologous tissues such as fat or muscle from other parts of the body to and inject them in the area of the breasts.
read also: Arm lift | Terms, results and cost
Who is breast augmentation performed for?
- Women who are not satisfied with the size of their breasts.
- Women who suffer from a smaller right breast than the left, or vice versa.
- Women who suffer from the problem of atrophy of the breast size.
- Women who want more attractiveness and excitement, such as celebrities and artists.
In all cases, before performing the breast augmentation surgery, some medical tests must be performed to ensure the suitability of this surgery for the next woman, as she must enjoy good health, and her age must be appropriate for the operation and to stop smoking long before the operation.
What are the types of breast atrophy?
- There are several types of breast atrophy, and each type occurs for different reasons, and they are as follows:
- Breast atrophy can be caused by low estrogen levels or high male sex hormones in women in general, as in anti-estrogen therapy for breast cancer.
- In postmenopausal women, breast atrophy is exacerbated by excessive skin inelasticity with age and aging, in part due to reduced estrogen affecting all tissues of the body, including breast tissue. Loss of estrogen reduces breast size and fullness.
- Breast atrophy due to poor nutrition such as those associated with eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa.
- Breast atrophy due to chronic disease.
- Breast atrophy associated with weight loss.
What are the conditions for breast augmentation?
Breast augmentation requires a set of conditions for its success, the most important of which are the following:
- Having a mammogram before surgery, this will help detect any changes in the breast.
- The woman must be in good physical health. This means no active infection, untreated cancer, or serious disease. If you have medical issues, it is important to discuss them with your surgeon so that he can help you decide if breast augmentation surgery is right for you.
- Most surgeons prefer not to smoke or drink alcohol before the operation.
- The lady should be in a healthy state of mind when she decides to have this plastic surgery.
- Aspirin and some anti-inflammatory medications that can cause increased bleeding should be avoided for a while before breast augmentation.
What are the breast augmentation implants and their types?
Breast augmentation implants are implants that are implanted inside the breasts to help increase their size. There are many types, the most important of which are saline and silicone implants and modern implants called Ideal Implants.
Silicone implants are silicone breast implants that are lighter and feel more natural than their saline counterparts. They are also more expensive, and although leaks are unlikely, they are not easily detected, so MRI scans are recommended every two years to detect lacerations. for this type of implants.
Saline or saline implants are the least expensive option for breast implants. The implant size is easily adjustable, and any leakage is easily absorbed by the body. However, saline implants look less natural than silicone implants and are more prone to visible ripples.
Ideal Implant Implants This revolutionary new implant combines the natural feel and safety of saline inside, eliminating concerns about the silent rupture that can occur with silicone gel implants. The simple and unique internal structure features two separate chambers that contain saline.
Breast implants are placed either under the chest muscle or above the chest muscle (subadenomatous), and plastic surgeons evaluate individual factors and personal preferences to determine the appropriate breast size, the location of the incisions, and whether the implants will be placed over or under the chest muscle.
What are the risks and complications of breast augmentation?
Breast augmentation surgery may result in several complications or potential risks, including the following:
- Temporary pain.
- Swelling and bruising.
- A feeling of tightness in the chest.
- Anesthesia risks (eg allergy).
- weak scarring;
- Changes in breast or nipple sensation.
- The possibility of the need for revision surgery.
What is the specialty of the breast augmentation doctor?
The specialty of the breast augmentation surgery doctor is plastic and reconstructive surgery, and the plastic surgeon performs breast plastic surgery, where the plastic surgeon focuses on aesthetics and surgery most of the elective and non-medical procedures needed, and the plastic surgeon performs some of the same surgeries, including augmentation and reduction of the breasts.
What is the success rate of breast augmentation?
98% of women who undergo breast augmentation surgery say their expected results have met or exceeded their expectations, according to a prospective outcome study published in the May issue of the Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the official medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons ASPS. The women also reported an improvement in self-esteem and quality of life after the procedure.
It is worth noting that the success rate of breast augmentation surgery depends on a number of factors, the most important of which is the experience of the specialized doctor, the selection of the appropriate type of implants, and the woman’s suitability in terms of the general health of the breast augmentation prCelebrities who have had breast augmentation
There are many famous people who have undergone breast augmentation, and the most famous of these celebrities are:
- Actress Kate Hudsonو She underwent breast augmentation at the age of 31.
- Actress Mariah Carey, who underwent breast augmentation in 2006.
- Actress Taylor Swift.
- Actress Salma Hayek.
- Actress Haifa Wehby.
- Actress Nancy Ajram.
What are the effects of breast augmentation operations?
Breast augmentation surgery may improve satisfaction with the appearance of the breast and enhance its self-confidence, as well as eliminating the feeling of shyness that was associated with small breast size. .
However, surgeons warn that it is important for a woman to be realistic about how breast augmentation can improve her self-image. A woman should be fully aware of what cosmetic breast augmentation surgery can and cannot do for her overall appearance. The size and shape of the new breast, just as it affects the natural breast.
read more: Liposuction by cryo sessions and cold laser