Reaching your desired contour often requires more than routine exercise and a restricted diet alone. A tummy tuck is the only effective way to enjoy a firmer abdominal profile that exercise and diet cannot achieve.
The tummy tuck cost is often a deciding factor when you are choosing which plastic surgeon you trust to perform your procedure. However, it is important to consider experience, training, skill, level of patient care, and safety, as well. Since, the success of plastic surgery, your safety, as well as the robustness of the results, all depend on the skills of the plastic surgeon.
What is tummy tuck surgery?
A tummy tuck procedure, also known as an abdominoplasty, is a cosmetic surgical procedure that aims to sculpt the stomach area by removing excess fat and skin, tightening the remaining skin, getting rid of the stretch marks, and fixing weakened and loose muscles to obtain toned, firm, and tightened abdomen.
Why do I need to undergo a tummy tuck?
If you are dissatisfied with your abdomen due to excess skin, fats, and stretch marks, you will get many benefits from a tummy tuck, including:
- Slim and youthful appearance.
- Flatter and smoother abdomen.
- Improved self-esteem, and better-fitting clothes.
- Improved abdominal muscles function which helps in some cases in relieving back pain.
Who are the best candidates for abdominoplasty?
Most healthy adults who are disappointed with the appearance of their abdominal may be candidates for this procedure. However, the best candidates for this surgery generally possess one or more of the following:
- Excess skin and/or excess fat in the abdominal area.
- Weak or Stretched-out abdominal muscles. Protruded stomach.
- Stretch marks below the navel area.
In addition, the best candidates’ body weight should be at or near ideal and should have realistic expectations for the anticipated results of surgery.
Tummy tuck different techniques
Dr. Ali Gaber, the expert, and the plastic surgeon in Egypt, clarifies that according to the abdomen anatomy, the extent of skin laxity, and the amount of excess fats, abdominoplasty is achieved through one of the following techniques:
A full tummy tuck
This procedure is a more comprehensive procedure that handles the entire abdomen, from the belly button down to the bikini area.
This technique is suitable for those who have large amounts of loose skin or have massive or rapid weight loss. The incision in full abdominoplasty is larger.
A mini tummy tuck
Mini abdominoplasty is a smaller procedure that focuses on muscles, loose skin, and fat just below the navel only on the lower abdomen, unlike full abdominoplasty which treats the entire abdomen.
The incisions In this technique are smaller and fade faster. It’s often a suitable choice for a loose abdomen after a cesarean session.
Which technique best fits me?
The goal of both surgeries as Dr. Ali Gaber states, is to get rid of excess skin and fat, tighten the abdominal skin, and strengthen the muscles to create a flatter, smoother abdomen.
Generally, mini abdominoplasty is often ideal for patients who have acceptable skin elasticity and are only required to tighten the saggy lower abdomen, while full abdominoplasty is best for those with loose skin, weak skin elasticity, and stretched-out abdominal muscles along the entire abdomen.
Discuss with your surgeon your needs and goals, and your surgeon will choose which technique is best for you.
Full tummy tuck steps
A full tummy tuck is usually performed under general anesthesia through the following steps:
The plastic surgeon performs a horizontal cut below the belly button along the bikini line so the scars are less noticeable.
Tightening the belly muscles
Loose and weak abdominal muscles are pulled back together to be tightened.
Excess skin removal
The skin is pulled down and the excess skin is removed. Then, the surgeon realigns the belly button.
Liposuction is used to get rid of any pockets of fat.
The incisions are closed with sutures, tape, or clips.
Factors affecting the cost of a tummy tuck?
There are several factors affecting tummy tuck cost you may pay including:
- Surgeon’s fee, which resembles the bulk of the average cost. The more experienced the surgeon, the more costly the procedure.
- Consultation fees, which refer to the fees you pay to visit your plastic surgeon, in some clinics these fees are included in the procedure cost.
- The complexity of the tummy tuck procedure, or in other words, the technique used.
- Anesthesia, which includes both the fees for the anesthesia type used in the procedure and the time of the anesthesiologist.
- The facility costs, the operating room fee, and medical examinations and laboratory tests done before the procedure.
- Post-surgical compression garments that are recommended to be worn to help faster healing and reduce skin sagging.
- Medications are prescribed after the surgery to help faster heal or prevent infection.
Is a tummy tuck worth it?
If a tummy tuck is performed successfully by a skilled surgeon, it is indeed worth it, and you will be very happy with your decision, when you enjoy a smooth, tightened, and firm abdomen that makes you feel more confident.
Tummy tuck experience with Dr. Ali Gaber
Dr. Ali Gaber performed many successful cosmetic procedures including liposuction, breast augmentation, breast reduction, and 4D body sculpting, in addition to his efforts and medical research in gynecomastia treatment in men. Finally, Dr. Ali Gaber’s clinics provide several cosmetic medical services which are considered integrated medical facilities.
All these strength points make Dr. Ali Gaber one of the best plastic surgeons to perform tummy tuck surgery successfully and achieve amazing results safely and immediately.