Vaser liposuction, or vaser lipo, is a less invasive procedure to remove fat and sculpt the body using ultrasound technology to dissolve fat cells while reducing damage to surrounding tissues compared to traditional liposuction. There are two methods of VASER liposuction: the surgical method for large areas of the body and also the less invasive non-surgical method of liposuction. The most effective method for you may depend on the targeted area, the amount of fat to be removed and your case history, and Dr. Ali Jaber will advise you on which one is the best option for you.
What is vaser lipo?
- Vaser liposuction may be a revolutionary fat-reduction procedure that can be used for minor modifications. It is a cosmetic procedure to modify the contours and shape of the body by removing fat using ultrasound technology.
- Vaser Lipo will not treat large areas of unwanted fat or smaller specific areas for precise sculpting.
- It can help in those stubborn areas, which may not be changed through diet and rigorous exercise, and improve your overall shape by adjusting your proportions.
- Fortunately, procedures such as Vaser Lipo use non-surgical techniques to produce improvements in shape and contour.
- By removing fat deposits, the procedure results in sleek ends in the abdomen, hips, and outer thighs.
- In addition, patients can transplant these unwanted fats to other areas of the body, such as the face, breasts, and buttocks.
Who is the Right Candidate for Vaser Lipo?
There are no specific age restrictions for it and no specific trait that defines a “good” candidate. Good candidates are patients who want to boost their confidence and self-esteem by removing unwanted fat in a non-surgical way. Although there are no specific characteristics of the candidates, there are certain conditions that will make the method smoother including:
1- Good physical health
- Good health is essential for proper recovery after surgery.
2- Expected results
- As with most cosmetic procedures, good candidates for VASER liposuction have realistic expectations regarding the risks and benefits of the surgery.
What are the benefits of vaser liposuction?
1- speedy recovery
Unlike standard liposuction, the procedures have a relatively quick recovery process.
2- Expected results
The state-of-the-art ultrasound technology included in Vaser Lipo makes it very easy to predict the outcome of the procedure.
3- Slightly invasive
Because fat deposits are reduced using non-surgical ultrasound technology, the procedure requires only a very small incision.
4- Permanent results
If your weight does not fluctuate much after the procedure, the results of the treatment can last for the rest of your life.
The most critical risks of vaser lipo
Like all procedures, vaser liposuction carries a risk of potential complications. Dr. Ali Jaber has done a large number of VASER liposuction procedures, and after such a large number of VASER liposuctions, the chance of major complications is very low. Although Dr. Ali did not see most of the risks listed below, all risks of Vaser lipo have been reported:
In some cases, the procedure may cause swelling. However, this swelling should subside within the days following the operation.
Although infections are very rare with vaser lipo procedures, Dr. Ali Jaber takes every precaution to make sure the surgery can be a smooth and easy experience.
You may feel numb in the affected area after surgery, but this side effect is usually temporary.
In rare cases, the procedure may end with bruising lasting several days.
Vaser liposuction steps
- Vaser liposuction requires a saline solution with anesthetics to be injected into the area of the body being treated.
- This method uses high-frequency ultrasound to melt fat cells instead of manual movement, laser, or water pressure to melt fat.
- Vaser ultrasound probes are inserted into the fat tissue to interrupt the fat cells.
- The vibration relaxes the fat cells and emulsifies the swollen fluid that has been injected into the body area being treated.
- Because the emulsification process begins, a small cannula is used to get rid of the fluid as well as the fat cells.
- The anesthetic agent that is still inside the area helps relieve pain after the procedure.
Body areas such as thighs, knees, abdomen, chest, arms, neck and chin are well suited for this treatment. Anesthesia is used during this treatment and this helps reduce health risks for patients and lowers the cost of treatment.
Recovery and results of vaser liposuction
Once you are in the hospital room, you may be monitored by our nursing staff for two hours before you can go home. Some instructions must be followed after the operation, including:
- You may have a prescription for pain medication to help relieve any discomfort during the healing process.
- After the operation, we recommend that you take at least 2-3 days off from labor or other daily activities to allow your body to recover from the surgery and to let your body begin to recover properly.
- In some cases, you will feel slight pain for at least one week after VASER liposuction.
Finally, Dr. Ali Jaber suggests that his postoperative patients walk briefly on the night of their procedure to allow blood circulation to circulate throughout the body and reduce the chance of blood clots forming. Although there are small scars, they are not visible and can fade over time.
Results can be seen instantly; however, results will still improve over the next three to four months. This procedure does not prevent the return of fat, which is why we recommend that to take care of and improve results over time, you should continue to follow a healthy diet and exercise.
Frequently asked questions about vaser liposuction
Is Vaser Lipo painful?
Vaser liposuction is performed using local anesthesia, so you will not feel any pain during the procedure.
How long does this procedure take?
The duration of the Vaser liposuction procedure will depend on the amount and size of the areas being treated. However, it generally takes between one and two hours to treat up to a few areas.
When do I see results?
Some patients see results right away, and most notice a significant improvement 6-8 weeks after the procedure. However, it may take up to six months to reach the final result.
Is it possible to gain weight after vaser liposuction?
Vaser liposuction should not be used as a weight control tool, rather it should be performed after reaching your optimal weight. If you maintain your weight with a balanced and healthy lifestyle after the operation, the treated area will not gain more fat.