You may have heard about liposuction and how it can give you a toned figure, but what if you could take this cosmetic treatment up a notch? Is it possible to achieve more results to get a fitter figure?
Through the process of liposculpture, it is possible to obtain a sculpted body and a consistent shape, as it is a procedure that includes getting rid of excess fat from the body, in this procedure not only subcutaneous fat and muscles are removed, but it sculpts the body and gives the body a consistent and appropriate shape according to the patient’s desire, Also, not all of the fat is suctioned, but some of the fat is left in the body and distributed in a consistent way to give a sculpted body in a consistent and wonderful way.
What is liposculpture?
The main goal of liposculpture is to enhance muscle tone and shape, and instead of suctioning and disposing of fat as in traditional liposuction, the doctor reuses fat to produce a harmonious body shape.
Liposculpture is an effective way to get rid of stubborn fat in different areas of the body that do not respond well to exercise or diet alone. Among the most targeted areas for body sculpting are the muscles of the abdomen, back, leg, arms, and excess fat under the chin through this procedure.
Unlike liposuction that covers large areas of the body, liposculpture is more specific and deals with the lower pockets of stubborn fat that the former cannot handle, and it also allows the use of possible fat to improve the overall shape of the body. Instead of simply removing the fat, it is deposited in specific locations to produce better angles and a more toned muscular structure.
There are three different methods available to perform liposculpture:
- A specific tool is used to melt stubborn fat in targeted areas of the body, resulting in more precise results. But this method takes longer to finish.
- The fat cells are broken down through the vibration caused by the devices specialized in breaking them down quickly and this makes it easier to suction them out from the targeted areas.
- The fat is melted for suction using ultrasound energy emitted from the device’s wand, as this method can remove large amounts of fat, but this procedure takes a long time to complete.
The doctor will tell you the type that is suitable for you and according to the required results, and the results of the body sculpting process will surprise you because there is no other cosmetic procedure that gives the same consistency and body sculpting as this process.
How is liposculpture performed?
- During the procedure, fat is removed from areas of the body through an advanced liposuction device that redistributes the fat and tightens and accentuates the muscle areas, rather than simply suctioning and disposing of the fat.
- The tumescent technique is one of the most popular methods because it reduces the appearance of scars and blood loss. The doctor will inject sterile saline solution with anesthesia into the area that needs treatment, after that, a small incision will be made where a small cannula can be inserted for liposuction.
- This procedure takes about 2 to 4 hours to complete, depending on the area of the body being treated and how important the work needs to be done. Local anesthesia will be used and this procedure is generally done in one time to achieve the desired results.
- Other cosmetic procedures can be combined with body contouring, where a tummy tuck, breast augmentation, or a Brazilian butt lift can be performed, where the fat that was removed from your body is reused, and a sculpted and toned figure is obtained.
What are the conditions for liposculpture procedure?
- Liposculpture is used on people who suffer from skin elasticity.
- If you are between 20-40 years old, you are a good candidate for body sculpting.
- Smoking can affect skin health, so doctors generally prefer those who don’t smoke.
- The results of body sculpting may not be optimal if your skin has been damaged by the sun.
- The results of body sculpting may not be accurate if your skin has been damaged by the sun, as too much sun exposure reduces skin elasticity.
- It is not recommended to perform body sculpting instead of weight loss, as this procedure is suitable for patients who are close to their ideal body weight with a BMI of less than 30.
- Body contouring may not be successful if the loose skin is caused by pregnancy or aging, or muscle weakness resulting from lack of exercise, injury, pregnancy, or aging.
Benefits of liposculpture
- The biggest benefit of liposculpture is the amazing results of a flatter figure that no other cosmetic procedure can provide.
- You can easily see the huge change that body sculpting brings by looking at the before and after photos.
- You don’t have to worry about getting dressed when you have a well-sculpted body as your confidence and inner health will improve.
Complications resulting from liposculpture
- Complications rarely occur from liposculpture, but corrugated skin or swelling can occur in the surgical area, which are common symptoms, but they are really minor and will not affect your health.
- If you experience blood clots, skin discoloration, infection, bleeding, scarring, or unusual skin sensation, see your doctor on an ongoing basis.
- At least one week should be taken off work to reduce the risk of complications. You will also be prohibited from doing any strenuous activity for a few weeks to avoid pressure on the treated areas.
Frequently asked questions about body sculpting
What are the tips after body sculpting?
After the operation, some people feel pain in the areas that have been treated, and it is possible to relieve the pain by resting or taking painkillers such as paracetamol, and compression garments must be worn for 3 weeks.
What is the recovery time used for?
It may take up to 6 months after the operation to see the best results and the disappearance of all complications.
Are the results of body sculpting permanent?
Yes, the patient can get permanent results in the areas where a large amount of fat is removed.